This area will pull in the content from the "Left Nav Content" Page.
Please do not edit this area.
Make a Donation -- Choose a Fund
As much as we rely on a dedicated corps of volunteers and our devoted staff to get so much done and to offer so many different opportunities for engagement and enrichment, none of that would be possible without the financial support of our membership.
We encourage you to follow the example that has been set by so many of our members in making a monetary gift to Congregation Shomrei – whether to mark a simcha or a milestone, to remember a loved one, to inspire a young person, or for any other reason that moves you to an act of tzedaka.
Checks payable to “Congregation Shomrei Emunah” may be mailed to Congregation Shomrei Emunah, 67 Park Street, Montclair, NJ 07042, with the fund you would like to support indicated on the memo line.
- General Fund -- allows us to direct your support where it is most direly needed.
- Kiddush Fund -- supports Shabbat and holiday kiddushim.
- Mensch Squad Fund -- helps fellow congregants in times of need.
- Youth Activities Fund -- supports synagogue youth programming.
- Continuing Our Jewish Education (COJE) Fund -- supports our programs for our post-bar and bat mitzvah children.
- Shomrei Sages Fund -- supports programs for our adult congregants.
- Housing the Homeless Fund -- supports our participation in the Interfaith Hospitality Network.
- Chumash Fund -- dedicates a Chumash in honor or memory of someone you love ($60 per book).
- Prayer Book Fund -- dedicates a prayer book in honor or memory of someone you love ($30 per book).
- Tree of Life Fund -- dedicates a leaf on this decorative wall installation in honor or memory of someone you love ($200 per leaf).
- Phyllis and Howard Baker Music Fund -- sponsors concerts and other music programs.
- "Green" Fund -- supports our efforts to make the synagogue a "green" environment.
Contributions to Sisterhood funds may be made by sending a check to the synagogue office, payable to “Sisterhood Congregation Shomrei Emunah,” and indicating the fund you would like to support on the memo line:
- Sisterhood General Fund
- Shiva Fund -- supports meals for the bereaved.
- College Keep-In-Touch (KIT) Fund -- supports holiday packages for our college students away from home.
- Torah Fund -- support the Jewish Theological Seminary.
Contributions to adult education programs may be made by sending a check to the synagogue office, payable to “Schnitzer Institute - Congregation Shomrei Emunah,” and indicating the program you would like to support on the memo line:
- Rabbi Jeshaia and Hilde Schnitzer Institute of Adult Jewish Studies
Contributions to the Lampert Library may be made by sending a check to the synagogue office payable to “Lampert Library.”
Contributions to the Rabbi's Discretionary Fund may be made by sending a check to the synagogue office payable to “Rabbi's Discretionary Fund.”